Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup! We'll kind of lol put a deposit down in July still waiting for the car to arrive. I'm in Ontario!
Hope yours arrives soon. What line and colour?
I’m in Ottawa. I test drove a Comfortline on a Saturday mid-July, liked it and wanted to try a Highline. Was told the Highline would not be available until late fall. As I was leaving my contact details another sales agent overheard and said a Highline had arrived late the day before and was being prepped in the service bay. I test drove it and bought it. I was told it was the only Highline delivered in Eastern Ontario. Pure Grey. Not the colour I would have chosen but I was worried about availability given what I’d read about chip shortage. Plus I didn’t want to wait! I’m enjoying the ride and impressed with fuel consumption. Two trips to Montreal with some city driving there. Both showed exactly 7l/100km

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope yours arrives soon. What line and colour?
I’m in Ottawa. I test drove a Comfortline on a Saturday mid-July, liked it and wanted to try a Highline. Was told the Highline would not be available until late fall. As I was leaving my contact details another sales agent overheard and said a Highline had arrived late the day before and was being prepped in the service bay. I test drove it and bought it. I was told it was the only Highline delivered in Eastern Ontario. Pure Grey. Not the colour I would have chosen but I was worried about availability given what I’d read about chip shortage. Plus I didn’t want to wait! I’m enjoying the ride and impressed with fuel consumption. Two trips to Montreal with some city driving there. Both showed exactly 7l/100km
I don't think it arriving anytime soon and I'm getting extremely frustrated to the point of looking at other options all together... funny enough I order a Highline in pure grey!! Have they not told you about the recalls on the AWD??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very frustrating for you. Funny about the grey Highline. I really like the colour. It looks different under changing light conditions. I had planned to go for a brighter colour as my last four vehicles were, black, white, grey and grey! Hope yours arrives soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very frustrating for you. Funny about the grey Highline. I really like the colour. It looks different under changing light conditions. I had planned to go for a brighter colour as my last four vehicles were, black, white, grey and grey! Hope yours arrives soon.
Fingers crossed! Do you mind me asking what your payments are like per month? Do you have any of the packages added? Alloys or autopilot?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Advanced Driver Assistance package. I’m an older guy and was able to pay cash. Just over $45,000 in total. I’ve heard not from VW about a recall

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks nice! Welcome toTaos ownership. I’m at 2 months today and coming up to 3,000km. Still really enjoying driving the Taos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks nice! Welcome toTaos ownership. I’m at 2 months today and coming up to 3,000km. Still really enjoying driving the Taos.
Thank you ..
Comfort line doesn't have power trunk opening....I just noticed when I got home...am I right on this one or missing something? The button on the fob unlocks the trunk only...but have to open trunk by hand ....😮

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you ..
Comfort line doesn't have power trunk opening....I just noticed when I got home...am I right on this one or missing something? The button on the fob unlocks the trunk only...but have to open trunk by hand ....😮
You are right. No power trunk. I’ve got the Highline and it’s the same thing. I was surprised to not have it. I’m not that concerned as I had a BMW wagon that had the hatch motor stop at 6 years old and it was very expensive to repair and very heavy to lift before the repair! Still, I had expected this as standard on a 2022.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are right. No power trunk. I’ve got the Highline and it’s the same thing. I was surprised to not have it. I’m not that concerned as I had a BMW wagon that had the hatch motor stop at 6 years old and it was very expensive to repair and very heavy to lift before the repair! Still, I had expected this as standard on a 2022.
Yes ..I forgot to check it at dealership...huge surprise...even my 2016 Elantra had it and I loved it ...but I like the Taos ..just checking out different features...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any Canadian members? What are you driving and where are you located?
I purchased a Taos Highline AWD on July 30th, loved it! But... problems started immediately and now it's been in the shop since August 19th, which was the 3rd time it went in; and it won't be coming out now until all of the recalls are dealt with. I'm VERY disappointed, and am currently attempting to get a full refund (I doubt that will work, but it's worth a try).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased a Taos Highline AWD on July 30th, loved it! But... problems started immediately and now it's been in the shop since August 19th, which was the 3rd time it went in; and it won't be coming out now until all of the recalls are dealt with. I'm VERY disappointed, and am currently attempting to get a full refund (I doubt that will work, but it's worth a try).
Horrible!
What kind of problems?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Horrible!
What kind of problems?
Initially the Entertainment Unit was acting up, black screen, disconnecting then reconnecting to Android Auto multiple times, no audio or video from radio or navigation system (once for 30 minutes), Android Auto wouldn't read out my messages... I took it in 1 week after purchase (1st available service appointment); they reformatted the system and did an update, said it was "fixed"; it wasn't. Problems persisted. Took it in a week later and they did more troubleshooting, pulled my dash apart and traced all of the wiring to the Entertainment Unit; determined that the Unit was defective, so they ordered a new one. In the meantime the two recalls came out, one regarding the fuel lines and one regarding the main computer for the vehicle; now they can't / won't release it to me until those recalls have been dealt with, and they don't have a timeline for that. SO frustrated!!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Initially the Entertainment Unit was acting up, black screen, disconnecting then reconnecting to Android Auto multiple times, no audio or video from radio or navigation system (once for 30 minutes), Android Auto wouldn't read out my messages... I took it in 1 week after purchase (1st available service appointment); they reformatted the system and did an update, said it was "fixed"; it wasn't. Problems persisted. Took it in a week later and they did more troubleshooting, pulled my dash apart and traced all of the wiring to the Entertainment Unit; determined that the Unit was defective, so they ordered a new one. In the meantime the two recalls came out, one regarding the fuel lines and one regarding the main computer for the vehicle; now they can't / won't release it to me until those recalls have been dealt with, and they don't have a timeline for that. SO frustrated!!!!!!
That’s terrible. I can only imagine the frustration you’re feeling. Lots of other vehicle choices out there and you get these early problems. Certainly hope the dealer has put you in loaner vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered a high line on 15 August. Salesman at Bytek VW in Ottawa expects delivery at end of October. Now I wait.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ordered a high line on 15 August. Salesman at Bytek VW in Ottawa expects delivery at end of October. Now I wait.
That’s great. I haven’t seen any other Highline around Ottawa. What colour did you order?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts