Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Has anyone went through the hassle of finding out why in the world does the Taos not work with Car-net although it is a 2022 car, with the same structure and electronics as others from the lineup which do have the feature (I.e Atlas 2022).

Moreover, a Canadian Highline has all of the same features and electronics as a US SEL, minus the Car-Net.

Seems to me like something that could be enable with the flip of a switch…

·
Registered
85 Posts
I guess it is the way that vw canada has to persuade some buyers to go to the Tiguan. The Tiguan will offer car-net, automatic folding mirrors, electric tailgate, seats with memory, etc. I still prefer the Taos, the Tiguan drives like a school bus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, segmentation makes sense. But then again, same tactic applies to the US and they still have car-net. Anyhow, as you said, Taos wins over Tiguan mostly due to the drive, even without all those little options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Canadian Taos doesn't seem to have the equipment for Car-Net from what I can see... unless it's all just hidden behind some trim, in which case, a quick pop-out of a plastic piece and install of the buttons could do it.. but I don't think it's wired for it :( I'm going to be super sad if the 2023 model has it... lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts