Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just picked up a black Taos S 4motion yesterday (love it!). We have a baby coming in a week or so and are looking at options for a rear seat window sun shade. We bought one that sticks into door frame between window and door and sticks on to window w suction cup, but I couldn’t fit it in between door and window and didn’t want to ruin anything. Looking at other options like a cheap static cling one I could put up on the back window for the baby.. anyone have a particular model they use that works and fits well? Thanks in advance

· Registered
254 Posts
I've never tried a baby sunshade after high quality tint on the windows, that is done on all our cars. It also helps prevent skin cancer from long term UV exposure. most people get it on the left side due to driving.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never tried a baby sunshade after high quality tint on the windows, that is done on all our cars. It also helps prevent skin cancer from long term UV exposure. most people get it on the left side due to driving.
Thanks I’m highly considering doing a tint. Perhaps that will be sufficient. If you don’t me asking what do you typically do (% sunlight) on your vehicles. I’ve never had a tint on a vehicle before.. I don’t want it to look like a modded street car w a 5% tint etc.. something co derivative while looking nice and providing the added benefits.

· Registered
254 Posts
that is a bit of a personal and regional question. each state has different laws on tint levels and not all tints are created =. this is probably one of the best tints on the market today and its what I got on the Taos. LLUMAR PINNACLE which is a ceramic tint, blocking 99% of UV.

I think I got 25% and it looks great, not too dark at all and very standard in my area. you could also get the 30% if legal in your area as the next level lighter. All levels block the same UV, look at the spec sheet on this above page for heat rejection and UV blocking of each series.

· Registered
372 Posts
Does VW sell their shades for the Taos yet? We have them in the Jetta and the Tiguan, and I had them in my Alltrack. They do the trick. They are best on the Tiguan since it comes standard with a window tint on the rear seat windows so it’s additive.

· Registered
372 Posts
They are pricey but good. They attach magnetically to the side windows and via tension into the cargo area and rear window.

They make it very hard to see into your luggage area from the outside and you never need to switch your rearview mirror for glare at night as the screen cuts down all the headlight glare. They side windows are still operational with them in place as well, though driving at high speeds with the windows open more than a few inches isn’t advised.

$270 isn’t cheap, some dealers discount them, but in my experience they are well worth it.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are pricey but good. They attach magnetically to the side windows and via tension into the cargo area and rear window.

They make it very hard to see into your luggage area from the outside and you never need to switch your rearview mirror for glare at night as the screen cuts down all the headlight glare. They side windows are still operational with them in place as well, though driving at high speeds with the windows open more than a few inches isn’t advised.

$270 isn’t cheap, some dealers discount them, but in my experience they are well worth it.
This is EXACTLY what I’m looking for! You rock thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.