Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Such a bummer. So sorry you're having to deal with this.

Since this is my first new car, i'm not really sure if it's the norm to have this many kinds of problems creep up on a new car (people have reported shutoff/stall, loose fuel line, faulty oxygen sensors, infortainment system freezes)... plus your issues!

I also didn't realize that it takes so long to create an inventory of parts on a new model, and this is a brand new engine and then we had the chip shortage to boot? Definitely things to consider when buying a brand new model!
Unfortunately due to Covid it has made things way worse. I’ve always had new cars and problems do come up and they get resolved really quickly. But this is pretty bad. New launch cars always have problems. Pretty normal but once you get past the initial problems your car should last you until the wheels fall off so don’t get discouraged. But I will say this I may not buying you launch cars anymore. Then again somebody has to! My dealership has been nothing but great though they are trying their best. But it’s Volkswagen the cars are actually very good. So allow me to change my phrase to stay away from his car until they have parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Unfortunately due to Covid it has made things way worse. I’ve always had new cars and problems do come up and they get resolved really quickly. But this is pretty bad. New launch cars always have problems. Pretty normal but once you get past the initial problems your car should last you until the wheels fall off so don’t get discouraged. But I will say this I may not buying you launch cars anymore. Then again somebody has to! My dealership has been nothing but great though they are trying their best. But it’s Volkswagen the cars are actually very good. So allow me to change my phrase to stay away from his car until they have parts.
Well just giving everyone an update. Still waiting on parts. Can you freaking believe it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am almost two months waiting on parts from being rear-ended.
Ugh. Was that your car I saw on VWVortex? That really sucks.
I can almost understand body parts taking a while on a new vehicle, but mechanical stuff like O2 sensors and fuel lines should be easy.
I don't want to take mine in to check the fuel line in case it fails and they have to keep it for weeks... I have another car and if the Taos has to sit around I'd rather it sat in my garage. :)
Once they tell me they have the fuel line in stock I will take it in.
I agree entirely with CaptainKirk - the car is good and I love it (mine has not had any issues so far) but we are the guinea pigs for the teething troubles!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ugh. Was that your car I saw on VWVortex? That really sucks.
I can almost understand body parts taking a while on a new vehicle, but mechanical stuff like O2 sensors and fuel lines should be easy.
I don't want to take mine in to check the fuel line in case it fails and they have to keep it for weeks... I have another car and if the Taos has to sit around I'd rather it sat in my garage. :)
Once they tell me they have the fuel line in stock I will take it in.
I agree entirely with CaptainKirk - the car is good and I love it (mine has not had any issues so far) but we are the guinea pigs for the teething troubles!
. Ha. Yeah. I put the post on be vortex too. Nice car. Handles and looks great. But man this part shortage is bad. I agree imagine taking it in for a simple fix and them holding it indefinitely. That would be terrible. You made the right call. I say people should wait on buying this car until they fix their part supplies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow what parts are you waiting on in particular?
2 sensors in the rear bumper and the 4Motion badge. Received an updated today and they are expecting the sensors mid October. I can live without the badge but they won't install the rear bumper cover and won't release the car without the sensors. Then it may have to go to a dealership for programming. All other work from the accident is complete. Sensor PN 5Q0919275B9B9 Badge PN 2GJ853675ADPJ

·
Registered
137 Posts
. Ha. Yeah. I put the post on be vortex too. Nice car. Handles and looks great. But man this part shortage is bad. I agree imagine taking it in for a simple fix and them holding it indefinitely. That would be terrible. You made the right call. I say people should wait on buying this car until they fix their part supplies.
After talking to a service advisor today (she was very helpful and looked up their instructions), the dealerships are not being allocated any stock of fuel lines. If it fails they have to order one by VIN and give you a loaner. They have tested several in the last week since they got the tool, and none have failed. They expect the failure rate to be very low (NHTSA doc estimates 1.5% of vehicles) so that's probably not unreasonable. Though it would be nice if they kept 1 in stock... :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well I finally got my Taos SEL Back! Seems to be running great. They did the fuel line test and everything came out great. they did forget to update the infotainment system. I strongly recommend it. Mine was glitchy and had to constatnly be reset.... after they updated it it is so much more responsive and smooth... but this is for the infotainment no the sel which is different from the s and se.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I finally got my Taos SEL Back! Seems to be running great. They did the fuel line test and everything came out great. they did forget to update the infotainment system. I strongly recommend it. Mine was glitchy and had to constatnly be reset.... after they updated it it is so much more responsive and smooth... but this is for the infotainment no the sel which is different from the s and se.
Congrats @CaptainKirk1a. Did they fix all the issues mentioned in your original post?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hello, yes they did so happy i got it back.... driving real nice and so far no more problems. i dynamatted my doors wheel wells and truck area. This thing is so quiet now and the speakers sound much more clear and bass hits better. Ride is quieter too! Just happy to put this behind me and hopefully not worry anymore. Plan on keeping it for a long while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2 sensors in the rear bumper and the 4Motion badge. Received an updated today and they are expecting the sensors mid October. I can live without the badge but they won't install the rear bumper cover and won't release the car without the sensors. Then it may have to go to a dealership for programming. All other work from the accident is complete. Sensor PN 5Q0919275B9B9 Badge PN 2GJ853675ADPJ
If anyone has a lead on two rear bumper sensors in the center of the bumper (pn 5Q0919275B9B9) I'd greatly appreciate it! I have already confirmed the part is not used on any Audi's. The latest update is.... parts on backorder with no ETA. Insurance company and body shop have agreed to put the car back together with the old sensors, tow it to a dealer to have the systems checked for performance. If they can make it all work, they will give me the car back until the new sensors arrive. As of this morning, they are putting it back together. To add to the frustration, insurance company is about to cancel my rental car because it has been 60 days.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts