Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2022 S Taos 4motion and I’ve been looking at the Aperture Alarm. Has anyone considered getting this? Every VW I had in the past had a car alarm and would sound a chirp when you locked the car door. This Taos does not. I can’t even figure out if there is an alarm in it.

Do you know if this aperture alarm will sound the alarm is someone attempt’s to get into the driver or passengers compartment or is it just for the hood of the car and the trunk. I’m a bit confused by the write up on it.

·
Registered
2022 Cornflower Blue SE DSG 4 Motion
142 Posts
This anti-theft alarm system is retrofitted via enabling activation code, no other hardware required. For models equipped with PR code 9V0 only.

you should check your codes from the sticker in the spare wheel well. See if 9V0 is one of them

possible you can enable it via some coding

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This anti-theft alarm system is retrofitted via enabling activation code, no other hardware required. For models equipped with PR code 9V0 only.

you should check your codes from the sticker in the spare wheel well. See if 9V0 is one of them
So does your Taos sound the horn when you double tap the fob?
possible you can enable it via some coding

·
Registered
176 Posts
Try going to settings, opening and closing. There should be a setting for the confirmation sound there. I have not looked, but from recent memory. Same place you choose to open just drivers door or all 4 doors.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try going to settings, opening and closing. There should be a setting for the confirmation sound there. I have not looked, but from recent memory. Same place you choose to open just drivers door or all 4 doors.
Yes I found it under there. It’s a check box that needs to be checked for acoustic confirmation!
Thank you so much everyone for all of your assistance with this!!

·
Registered
FWD SEL / Cornflower Blue
71 Posts
I own a 2022 S Taos 4motion and I’ve been looking at the Aperture Alarm. Has anyone considered getting this? Every VW I had in the past had a car alarm and would sound a chirp when you locked the car door. This Taos does not. I can’t even figure out if there is an alarm in it.

Do you know if this aperture alarm will sound the alarm is someone attempt’s to get into the driver or passengers compartment or is it just for the hood of the car and the trunk. I’m a bit confused by the write up on it.
Car alarms aren't really effective deterrents — although I believe the Taos will honk the horn/flash the lights if the door is opened without it being unlocked, built-in passive security like key detection/ignition lock is more effective at actually preventing theft.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts