Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Taos SEL 4-Motion
9 Posts
I routed over top of the windshield, then followed the trim down to the break, which allowed me to cross to the doorframe and hide a large portion under the weatherstrip. I think there's another break in the trim to cut back to the fuse box, and the excess is just zip tied inside there.

As to fuses, I used a Garmin cable that required a 12v and 5v rail, the 12v being hot even when off. I used a multimeter to scope out empty locations, and used "Buddy" fuse kits to draw from the box without needing to replace an existing or tap a new fuse.

I'll try to remember and update with a picture, but I believe, if memory serves, that the top row of fuses are 12v and always hot, the middle row are 5v and on ACC.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I routed over top of the windshield, then followed the trim down to the break, which allowed me to cross to the doorframe and hide a large portion under the weatherstrip. I think there's another break in the trim to cut back to the fuse box, and the excess is just zip tied inside there.

As to fuses, I used a Garmin cable that required a 12v and 5v rail, the 12v being hot even when off. I used a multimeter to scope out empty locations, and used "Buddy" fuse kits to draw from the box without needing to replace an existing or tap a new fuse.

I'll try to remember and update with a picture, but I believe, if memory serves, that the top row of fuses are 12v and always hot, the middle row are 5v and on ACC.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
This is helpful, thanks. I've hardwired a couple vehicles in the past and usually the challenge is routing down the side pillar, because of the airbag. Good to know its possible before I start.

Hoping there is a couple empty slots as I'd prefer using the add on fuse there, vs sharing with an existing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got you man found this in a website and it was helpful have my hardwired and is on all the time. This is the website as well.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts