Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot get the phone to connect with android auto wirelessly. It charges wirelessly, I unpaired the Bluetooth, re-paired it. I do have the app to connect on wireless but it only connects via a cable. Any ideas? I have a pixel 6 and everything is up to date

·
Registered
22 Posts
I cannot get the phone to connect with android auto wirelessly. It charges wirelessly, I unpaired the Bluetooth, re-paired it. I do have the app to connect on wireless but it only connects via a cable. Any ideas? I have a pixel 6 and everything is up to date
It may help if you remove your device from the app, and then add it again. I had to do this to get the app to work again for autostart.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you connect it with a cable the first time? If so, going into the settings in Android Auto and choosing "more settings on your phone screen" or something like that will reveal an additional menu where you should be able to see whether wireless android auto is enabled or disabled.

·
Registered
11 Posts
make sure your wifi is on and connected to the car's wifi network. Understand that there is also a bluetooth connection happening but mine only worked when connected to car's wifi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts