Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
that sounds odd unless your inside temp is set to ~30. how do you determine the ac turns on? auto climate control being on doesn't mean the ac is on. when outside air is less than inside setting, the ac isn't needed to maintain desired inside temp

·
Registered
325 Posts
AC does not mean cooling. It means Air Conditioning, conditioning the air. In a car, where outside air is constantly being brought in, conditioning the air helps reduce mustiness from excess humidity even in cooler weather. In very hot humid weather, recirculating the interior air until most of the humidity is gone is best, again with AC on.

It’s very seldom that I turn off AC. You might do it when the outside air temp is in the low 70s and dry because sometimes the VW climate control has no idea what to do when the incoming air is the same as the inside desired temp. Sometimes that’s also a time to run recirc to prevent a strange smell from the confused system, or just open your windows and enjoy the fresh air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m searching the same answer, hence how I found this page . It’s currently snowing in update New York I let the car run twice and the windows never melted till I went out and turned everything on heat
AC is on and NOT blowing heat. It 32 out. So I went out, turned off the AC button and then the windows defrosted

1 - 14 of 14 Posts