Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Definitely call VW America! I got mine in July and Initially when I got the car my dad instantly saw the leak from the car sitting in the driveway. Took it in and ended up getting the engine taken apart and replaced! That was 3 weeks after purchasing. Then when I got it back the car started stalling and shutting off at red lights and stop signs. Alerting me to manually restart the car all while it was in drive. Then it got worse and shut down multiple times while the car was actually moving. The scary thing is the shut down isnt quick, it turns off and starts slowing down and the brakes nor gas works. I sent it back to service ASAP and told themI didn’t want it anymore. Currently working with VW who is now working on a buyback offer within the Lemon Law. And yes they have a loaner each time they kept the car. VW is offering to pay off the car, cut a check for all lease payments I’ve made and the down payment and incentive pay to to purchase another VW/Audi. But idk about that, I’m a bit weary now
Good luck. My claim was denied. So I am now paying for a car that has been in the VW dealership longer than in my possession. I contacted a lawyer who offered to file a lemon law claim for $3,500, but he told me that this would take 4-6 months, while I would still need to continue making payments. Bottom line is Taos owners are screwed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good luck. My claim was denied. So I am now paying for a car that has been in the VW dealership longer than in my possession. I contacted a lawyer who offered to file a lemon law claim for $3,500, but he told me that this would take 4-6 months, while I would still need to continue making payments. Bottom line is Taos owners are screwed.
So what are you going to do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I filed a lemon law claim though BBB Auto Line (on my own without an attorney) and per Florida statute, VW is required to buy it back. After VW received my claim, my car was coincidentally repaired and returned to me last week (after 7 weeks in the shop). VW has now offered me $3,500 for me to keep the vehicle, but while my Taos was in the shop so long, my daughter discovered Uber, and other ways to get around, so I think I will do the buyback. The Taos was a bust, but I still like my 2021 Atlas Cross Sport.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts