Volkswagen Taos Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm not starting anything just stating the obvious. You guys like to be such know it all snobs in this forum, like you don't know everything just because your 65... The chip has been working I haven't had any problems my cars clearly faster and not just because of the air filter so the fact that you guys still act ignorant is crazy I just like getting more performance out of my taos and it's clearly working I don't know why guy just commented bs just because he thinks he knows everything I don't need your input if it's not going to help because saying somethings a scam when it's working for me is useless and guy keeps putting that link but that's not what I bought I bought the Thornton chip wich just literally looks like the same thing which they probably buy cheap then reprogram themselves wich they can easily do you guys just have some need to say shit that you think is right when bro it's been working for me and I'm clearly getting gains on my taos why are you guys still doubting taking shit?
Calling people “nobody” is starting something.

And just to be clear to your generation: when you call feelings FACTS you have already lost the argument.

·
Registered
2022 Taos S AWD DSG
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have a lot of experience with chipping. Nothing you plug into an OBD2 port does anything real. That product is a known scam.

Want to see what a chip does? Go to APR. Watch their videos. Watch how much real performances you get.
i would like believe you but like i said when i plug it in and i take it off the difference is a 100% noticeable idk whats so hard to understand about that i dont need to watch a video when IM DRIVING THE CAR AND CAN SEE AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE do you not understand??

·
Registered
2022 Taos S AWD DSG
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Calling people “nobody” is starting something.

And just to be clear to your generation: when you call feelings FACTS you have already lost the argument.
what feelings? nobody is arguing its a conversation i dont take anything you guys say seriously, you think you know everything just because your old... At some point you have to know things change ive been telling my side because i believe its true idk what so hard to understand that a chip is actually working i can literally see and feel the difference i really dont know what else to tell you

·
Registered
2022 Cornflower Blue SE DSG 4 Motion
316 Posts
You seemingly can’t be educated about anything which is typical of your generation.

maybe listen when your being educated as to the FACT that box does nothing.
I don’t really think owners here are interested in late night speed runs in a suv.

hop on over to vortex and start this thread and see how that goes .

·
Registered
2022 Taos S AWD DSG
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You seemingly can’t be educated about anything which is typical of your generation.

maybe listen when your being educated as to the FACT that box does nothing.
I don’t really think owners here are interested in late night speed runs in a suv.

hop on over to vortex and start this thread and see how that goes .
You say that because youre not driving my Taos i guarantee you youd changed your mind if you drove it

·
Registered
2022 Taos SE 4-Motion
46 Posts
I'm sure everyone here appreciates what you've done. And are not trying to belittle you. But if you want to feel REAL performance gains, then try swapping on a set of lightweight wheels. Better than any OBD chip, air filter, or anything other than an ECU flash. I'm confident that with my lightweight 17" Borbet wheels, I've got at least a second or more on your Taos.

·
Registered
2022 Taos S AWD DSG
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'm sure everyone here appreciates what you've done. And are not trying to belittle you. But if you want to feel REAL performance gains, then try swapping on a set of lightweight wheels. Better than any OBD chip, air filter, or anything other than an ECU flash. I'm confident that with my lightweight 17" Borbet wheels, I've got at least a second or more on your Taos.
I'll definitely look into getting myself a set but I still don't think you'd gap me maybe a bumper

·
Registered
316 Posts
What are you actually trying to accomplish here.

Being the top dog by claiming to have the most powerful stock car sold?

trying to debunk the hundreds of threads and videos proving that disco box is useless junk?

or are you literally trying to bait people who have REAL world experience with tuning VWs?

your mythical 200hp claims are still left hanging in la la land….

you or maybe your parents bought totally the wrong vehicle for all this nonsense.
You keep trying to insult some of us with calling us snobs and old. I’m guessing you’re like in your 20s maybe a bit older. Your parents more than likely bought this car for you as you’re entitled and expected it. If you bought it your self you’re paying a huge car payment in a vehicle that’s slow. You didn’t get a tiguan (which you should have if you wanted HP gains from bolt ons (not included your disco box)

A Golf R is out of your price range and plus those owners would have shut you down the second you started the claimed Hp from a box from Alibaba…
Nobody here believes you ok.
Claim all these things all you want. It’s factually rubbish

that’s it from me as your a child who refuses to accept adults do know better then you.

Oh did I tell you I’m the air to the kingdom of zamunda…. I say it’s true so clearly it’s right eh?

·
Registered
2022 Taos S AWD DSG
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
What are you actually trying to accomplish here.

Being the top dog by claiming to have the most powerful stock car sold?

trying to debunk the hundreds of threads and videos proving that disco box is useless junk?

or are you literally trying to bait people who have REAL world experience with tuning VWs?

your mythical 200hp claims are still left hanging in la la land….

you or maybe your parents bought totally the wrong vehicle for all this nonsense.
You keep trying to insult some of us with calling us snobs and old. I’m guessing you’re like in your 20s maybe a bit older. Your parents more than likely bought this car for you as you’re entitled and expected it. If you bought it your self you’re paying a huge car payment in a vehicle that’s slow. You didn’t get a tiguan (which you should have if you wanted HP gains from bolt ons (not included your disco box)

A Golf R is out of your price range and plus those owners would have shut you down the second you started the claimed Hp from a box from Alibaba…
Nobody here believes you ok.
Claim all these things all you want. It’s factually rubbish

that’s it from me as your a child who refuses to accept adults do know better then you.

Oh did I tell you I’m the air to the kingdom of zamunda…. I say it’s true so clearly it’s right eh?
People like you are what ruin communities and harass people for their hobbies stop being so toxic act your age. I said from the start I like performance and I like going fast nobody has problem with that but you... Stop commenting on my posts that's all I will tell you again.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I’ll do what I choose. Not what you tell me.
Car community’s get ruined when people like yourself refuse to be educated that a disco box from China CANNOT tune your car.
Jog on little fella and call APR and ask them . You know a real tuning company and not an apparent old snob. Post what they tell you please

·
Registered
2022 Taos S AWD DSG
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I’ll do what I choose. Not what you tell me.
Car community’s get ruined when people like yourself refuse to be educated that a disco box from China CANNOT tune your car.
Jog on little fella and call APR and ask them . You know a real tuning company and not an apparent old snob. Post what they tell you please
You are not anyone to educate anyone please calm your ego for whatever you think you are you're nobody and no one... If carista can change your throttle and other basic settings you think someone cant program something else on another chip? Give me a break man you sound dumb there have been smaller computers that have done way more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright so there was alot of debating on my other post about how fast my car really was so here it is, i cant find any AWD dynos near me so i got a dragy and i also got a K&N Performance air filter but i did alot of tests these were the best scores i could get so far. If you guys want your car to be alot more reactive i suggest getting an air filter because holy its so much more reactive and quicker after i put mine on. If you guys have any questions feel free to comment UPDATE... alright guys i added the score for no chip with airfilter because i was also wondering, but yes the chip is indeed helping i think the chip helps tbh like really its so hard to explain what the chip does because it just feels more responsive and quicker every time i put it back on thats why ive kept the chip on the car it does make a difference i think maybe they do buy that cheap chip from china and flash some software on there or tear out the inside and do their own thing but the chip does actually make the car more responsive and it feels a lot quicker with it than without it id literally be down to mail the chip to someone just so they can check it out but i dont want my car to be slower lol like you take off the chip the throttle is slower and ive already done the direct throttle so that doesnt factor it in because even after you do that theres like a little lag when you hit the gas but with the chip it feels like a normal throttle you dont feel any lag the car feels so much more responsive and i know it said you gain mpg but i literally uses so much more gas with the chip than with it off, all of these changes are noticeable its not like i cant tell the difference you can tell right away when you plug it in and take it off you can drive your stock car for 5 minutes then go plug the chip in and youll literally feel the difference right away i dont think i couldve hit that 7.12 without the chip The scores are = 7.47 0-60 stock 7.37 0-60 with chip 7.12 with chip and K&N perf air filter 7.33 with no chip and air filter View attachment 1378 View attachment 1376 View attachment 1377 View attachment 1379
Good info. BTW do you know what a run on sentence is😆

·
Registered
316 Posts
welp i found smurfs new account lmao
I don’t hide behind 2 accounts.
And Again one of your claims it false.

Carista links to your phone through an app for small setting changes and Not a remap of a ECU

Does your disco box connect to your phone by chance?
Your making your self look even more stupid now and I’m loving it.

·
Registered
2022 Taos S AWD DSG
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I don’t hide behind 2 accounts.
And Again one of your claims it false.

Carista links to your phone through an app for small setting changes and Not a remap of a ECU

Does your disco box connect to your phone by chance?
Your making your self look even more stupid now and I’m loving it.
I take it back this guy literally made the account just to comment that really guy?? Just because the chip doesn't connect to my phone it's not working???.... It's obviously a function to use the phone the chip already comes pre programmed there's nothing you would need your phone for carista is for on demand programming you clearly don't have the knowledge to educate someone

·
Registered
607 Posts
A smartphone is way more powerful than the chip. The chip uses a 16F59 PIC microcontroller. It has 2K words for program memory and 134 bytes of RAM. A 64GB phone has literally millions of times that amount of storage. It is a great microcontroller, but very limited in what it can do. You're certainly not going to fit a sophisticated ECU remapper (for all makes and models!) in 2K of program memory.

Font Number Parallel Circle Screenshot

·
Registered
248 Posts
I tried to find the splitter I use but didn't see it ordered in the usual places.. oh well.

BTW @CorradoG60 there are many products that plug into your OBD port that are doing real tuning changes. The term chip was used when the only path was to change the chip. You can reprogram any part of the car via the port with the correct software. its BS to call them all scams and its blanket not possible so they must be scams.

·
Registered
2022 Taos S AWD DSG
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I tried to find the splitter I use but didn't see it ordered in the usual places.. oh well.

BTW @CorradoG60 there are many products that plug into your OBD port that are doing real tuning changes. The term chip was used when the only path was to change the chip. You can reprogram any part of the car via the port with the correct software. its BS to call them all scams and its blanket not possible so they must be scams.
See I don't claim to know how it works or none of that I've just been claiming that the chip has been working for me because like I said I put it on and the difference of what it does to the car is so obvious that I can't say it's not working if it didn't do anything noticeable I wouldn't be so persistent but I've put 1.5k + miles with the chip and I can tell you it's working for me I don't have a reason to lie I just want more performance out of my taos bought the chip and it worked that's literally all I can tell you

21 - 40 of 44 Posts